Embrace the Metaverse or End Up Like Facebook
Let’s escape the terrifying reality that is the world right now, including impending EOY deadlines and the idea of having to spend another holiday season arguing with our in-laws over vaccines.
Thankfully, we have the metaverse!
The PL;DR is brought to you in partnership with xAmplify.
Partner Marketing Amplified – 3-5x Partner Revenue in Less Time – Learn more.
New Name, Who Dis (Please Forget About Everything Awful We Did)
Another week brings another slew of news regarding Facebook. Explore the lastest, including their recent name change.
Does Guac Cost Extra in the Metaverse?
Chipotle and Roblox are partnering up to bring you virtual guac for your virtual booritos. Could a partnership get any tastier than this?
Big Money in the M€taver$e
Have you embraced the metaverse? Turns out, there’s big (real) money in the virtual world.
Job Fairs Go Virtual
Join us in a few weeks for our very first Partnership Leaders job fair! Hiring managers from a variety of teams will be present highlighting the roles they’re hiring for. Register now to join us on November 10th.
Can’t wait for November? There were A TON of open roles shared in our #jobs channel this week that you can explore in the meantime. You’ll notice we’ve included the location of each role. Unfortunately, no jobs located in the metaverse have been shared yet, but we’ll continue to keep you updated.
- Aqua – VP, Global Channels & Alliances (Washington, DC)
- parcelLab – Channel & Alliances Director (Europe, Remote)
- Brooklyn Data Company – Partnerships Manager (Remote)
- Ripcord – Senior Manager, Channel/Partner Marketing (California)
- Cloudera – Partner Marketing Manager (Remote)
- Lokalise – Partnership Sales Development Representative (Remote)
- Optimizely – Technology Partner Manager (London, England)
- Stripe – Head of Payments Partner & Program Management (NA, Remote)
- Deliverect – Head of Partnerships (Toronto)
- Amplitude – Developer Advocate, Partnerships (San Francisco or Vancouver)
- Copado – Partner Solution Engineer (Remote)
- Zapier – Sr. Manager, Partner Marketing (Americas)
- OneSignal – Channel Partner Manager (London)
- Orca Security – Channel Marketing Manager (US, Remote)
- Paystand – Channel Partner Sales Manager (California)
We’re also excited to share that we’re growing the Partnership Leaders team! If you or anyone in your network would be a good fit, please apply!
Other news we’re watching
- Continued congrats to our friends over at Crossbeam — This week, Crossbeam announced their Series C round with Andreesen Horowitz and we couldn’t be prouder. Here’s to many more years of account mapping, data collaboration, and supporting the partnerships team with the resources they deserve!
- Need a last-minute Halloween costume for your real-life avatar? — Heinz has you covered! The superior ketchup company has launched a limited edition set of make-up kits featuring “tomato blood” and other goodies. Spooky and tasty!
- Costco: more than a $1.50 hot dog shop! — Costco is the place where you wander around buying too large of quantities of everything from three pounds of pretzels to 850 gumballs. Turns out, their Kirkland brand has been the perfect vehicle for ripping off name brand products.
Partnership Leaders enables personal and professional development for professionals in partnerships. Learn more about the community and apply to join here.
Not yet subscribed to the PL;DR? Sign up for your weekly dose of hot takes on tech, partnerships, and global news.