Bust Out Your Members Only Jacket!: PL;DR 9/24
Howdy, Partners! It’s officially Autumn which means it’s time to pull your hoodies and Patagonia vests out of the closet, grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and dig into this week’s headlines!
Gig Workers (and others) Demand More in the Digital Age
After the pandemic increased how much we all rely on gig workers, the industry is finally getting improved working conditions.
Social Media Platforms Attempt to Stay Relevant
These social media platforms are doing their best to stay relevant in our ever-evolving digital world. Explore what Twitter & Clubhouse have been up to.
Partnerships are the Future of Sustainable Businesses
Alliances are essential to our future. These three companies are working toward a sustainable future with the help of partnerships.
Fall for a New Role
There’s something different in the air this week! Is it a cool fall breeze? Or a cool new gig? Be the one to decide.
- OneTrust — Strategic Business Development Manager (Atlanta)
- Trustpilot — Technology Partner Manager (New York)
- Udemy — Partner Enablement Manager (San Francisco)
- Yotpo — SMS Partner Manager (New York)
- Klaviyo — Director, Product Partnerships (Boston/Remote)
- Facebook — Strategic Partner Manager, Social Impact – Equity (California)
- Amperity — Sr. Director Business Development, System Integrator’s/Consultancies/Alliances (Seattle/New York)
- Crossbeam — Technology Partnership Manager (Remote)
- Infinity — VP of Partnerships (Manchester)
Other news we’re watching
- If you think birds are government-mandated listening devices, wait until you hear this — Microchips the size of a grain of sand have been developed to fly through the air to track pollution and diseases.
- Send your SEO research right to monday.com — Yesterday, Semrush announced their new integration with monday.com, allowing users to access real-time keyword metrics, without leaving their project management program.
- Find some more focus time in your day — Tired of spending all day in meeting after meeting, with short breaks in between that are a little too long for a coffee break, but not long enough to get actual work done? We came across this app this week that makes it easier to schedule work time in your day. Clockwise syncs with your calendar to optimize your schedule, can even schedule lunch breaks for you and adjust meetings with your team members to give you more focus time.
Partnership Leaders enables personal and professional development for professionals in partnerships. Learn more about the group and apply to join here.
Not yet subscribed to the PL;DR? Sign up for your weekly dose of hot takes on tech, partnerships, and global news.